Palm Beach Post: ‘BallenIsles foundation awards $745K in grants to local nonprofits’
Forty-six nonprofit and civic organizations were awarded a record-setting $745,000 in financial grants from the BallenIsles Charities Foundation.
By Jodie Wagner
PALM BEACH GARDENS — Dozens of nonprofit and civic organizations were honored for contributions to their local communities Tuesday afternoon at BallenIsles Country Club.
Forty-six organizations received financial grants totaling $745,000 from the BallenIsles Charities Foundation during its 2019 “Making a Difference” Grants Awards Ceremony.
The record-setting amount brings the foundation’s cumulative grants awarded to local organizations to more than $3 million over the eight years since its formation.
“With the completion of the newly expanded BallenIsles clubhouse, our fundraising events attracted sold-out support,” BallenIsles Charities Foundation President Mark Freeman said. “Each of the deserving organizations we carefully vetted and selected to receive a financial grant undertakes extraordinary local community programs.
“The record funds raised are a credit to the generosity of BallenIsles members and residents, the terrific local businesses and corporate sponsors, the tireless contributions of all our volunteers, along with the assistance we received from the management of the Country Club and the Community Association.
The nonprofit BallenIsles Charities Foundation provides financial and in-kind support to area organizations providing civic and educational programs, health and human services, and support for the environment. For information, visit ballenislescharitiesfoundation.org/.
The 2019 Designated Beneficiaries of BallenIsles Charities Foundation and the specific programs being supported:
- 211 Palm Beach/Treasure Coast
- Adopt a Family of the Palm Beaches, Inc.
- Alzheimer’s Community Care
- Back to Basics
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Palm Beach & Martin Counties
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County, Inc.
- Busch Wildlife Sanctuary
- Caridad Center, Inc.
- Carson Scholars Fund
- Center for Trauma Counseling
- Feed the Hungry
- First Tee of the Palm Beaches
- Friends of Foster Children
- Genesis Assistance Dogs, Inc.
- Grandma’s Place
- H.A.C.E.R. Ministry Corp.
- Habitat for Humanity of Palm Beach County, Inc.
- Healthy Aquatics Marine Institute
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of PBC, Inc.
- Jack the Bike Man, Inc.
- National Council of Jewish Women Palm Beach Section
- Palm Beach County Food Bank
- Palm Beach Gardens City Hall
- Palm Beach Gardens Fire Rescue
- Palm Beach Gardens Police Dept.
- Palm Beach Harvest
- Palm Beach State College Foundation
- Paws 4 Liberty
- Pediatric Oncology Support Team, Inc. (POST)
- Renaissance Learning Center
- Sweet Dreams Makers
- Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
- Take Stock in Children West Palm Beach
- TEAM First-PAL
- The ARC of Palm Beach County
- The Children’s Healing Institute
- The Community Health Center of West Palm Beach
- The Jacob S. Zweig Foundation
- The Lord’s Place
- Urban Youth Impact
- Vita Nova, Inc.
- Watson B. Duncan Middle School
- West Jupiter Community Group
- Wounded Veterans Relief Fund
- Zoological Society of the Palm Beaches
This year’s grants also include scheduled payments on a Multi-Year Impact grant to Feed the Hungry Pantry for a refrigerated truck that will provide food to families who otherwise might go hungry.